Natural Awakenings Welcomes Your Participation!
Articles featured in Natural Awakenings address a number of natural living topics to help readers attain a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle. Readers trust our content because it is educational, balanced and engaging. Article submissions should include facts and/or statistics that would be of interest to our readers, without sounding self-serving. If we think that an article is publishable, but contains promotional content, we will request that the author resubmit the article after those references are removed or reworded.
Prior to submission, it is best to present your idea and/or the theme of the article by contacting us at NAeditor@naturalawakeningsmag.com.
Articles should be submitted by email as an attached MS Word document or as text embedded in the body of the email. We reserve the right to edit all submissions for length, style and clarity. Photos should be sent as separate attachment, not embedded in the document.
It is a good idea to time your submission to our Editorial Calendar.
All submissions should be sent to: NAeditor@NaturalAwakeningsMag.com.
- Length: 250 – 1,200 words (some articles may be longer).
- Deadline: Due on or before the 5th of the month prior to publication.
- Articles should be written in layman’s terms, and impart information in a way that does not sound self-serving.
- Rather than tackling a vast subject, it is better to focus on a particular segment (Example: Using Chinese Medicine to Treat Menopause rather than Everything You Want to Know About Chinese Medicine).
- We reserve the right to edit all submissions if necessary; for longer features, a copy of revisions can be returned upon request.
- Please include a brief biography at the end of your article.
- For the best chance of acceptance, we suggest you review the Natural Awakenings editorial style guidelines by clicking here.
- If your article has been published elsewhere, we are probably not interested.
- We cannot guarantee publication, and if accepted, we may not publish your piece immediately. If you would like us to keep the submission for future consideration, please let us know when submitting your article.
- Your original work will most likely be edited to fit our magazine’s style and we reserve that right. If you wish to review edits to your submission, send it at least seven days before the deadline, and be accessible for consultation.