After we receive your Franchise Application, we will review your qualifications, call and discuss them with you, and if we feel we are a good match, we’ll invite you to a personal interview.
You may choose to purchase a new, undeveloped franchise territory or purchase an existing magazine business from one of our selling publishers.
Click here for a list of available markets. INQUIRE HERE about pricing and purchasing details.
New Franchise Territory
- You pay a one-time turn key business fee of $49,500 (Note: Using retirement funds from 401Ks, IRAs, etc. can be approved by the IRS so you avoid penalties or paybacks.)
- Ongoing monthly royalty fee payment of $150 or 7% of monthly gross sales (whichever is greater) for the first 6 months, and then
- $300 or 7% of monthly gross sales (whichever is greater) thereafter.
- For franchise locations outside of the U.S., there is a $5,000 international transaction fee.
Your Franchise Fee Includes:
- Monthly editorial calendar
- Monthly Publishers Option Package (POP). 20+ pages of global and national editorial; eco, global and health briefs, feature articles, departments and promotional support materials
- Monthly Cover options with archives of historical cover layouts and graphics
- Layout/production of your first three issues, including layout, editing and proofreading by the Natural Awakenings production staff
- A credit towards your own Natural Awakenings custom website designed to bring local and national attention to your business, attract advertisers and produce additional potential revenue streams
- Licensed copy of your own accounting software
- Proprietary database system for lead management, customer contacts, sales/contracts and distribution
- Professional, personalized Natural Awakenings media kits and rate sheets
- Huge inventory of photos, illustrations and graphics
- Access to publisher’s intranet system with access to:
- Successful advertising samples from all types of businesses to use in your own sales presentations
- Professional training to write effective advertising copy
- Proprietary marketing materials including: business cards, signs, directories, expo and networking samples
Your training begins immediately upon executing our franchise agreement. We begin with all of your back office setup, including; website development, database management, and QuickBooks installation and training. You will be scheduled to attend our next available training school, in Naples, Florida, where you will learn every facet of operating your Natural Awakenings magazine business.
Regular weekly sales training webinars and ongoing training workshops will support you with sales tools and guidance, advertising ad copy, ad layout, editorial and distribution support, and much more!