Chocolate Smoothies for Valentines
2 cups orange juice
½ cup raspberries
½ cup blueberries
½ cup guava slices
½ cup mango slices
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1. Place all the fruit and cocoa in a blender and mix on high for one minute.
2. Pour into clear glass and serve.
Yields: 4 cups
The Latin Lover
6 oz melted bittersweet dark chocolate
2 cups milk – dairy or non-dairy (soy, rice, nut, coconut or grain)
½ Tbsp flax seed oil
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Place ingredients in a blender and mix on medium for one minute.
2. Pour into tall cups and serve.
Yields: 5 cups
The Velvet Orchid
2 cups chocolate low-fat milk – dairy or non-dairy (soy, rice, nut, coconut or grain)
½ banana, in chunks
1 12-oz package of soft silken tofu
1 cup frozen mango slices
2 oz semisweet chocolate, melted
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and mix on high for two minutes.
2. Pour contents into tall glasses and serve.
Yields: 4 cups
The Naked Truth
2 cups plain low-fat dairy or non-dairy milk (soy, rice, nut, coconut or grain)
¾ cup vanilla ice cream (dairy or non-dairy)
1 ½ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted
2 Tbsp brandy
1. Place all ingredients, except brandy, in a blender and mix on high for about two minutes; add brandy and blend for 10 seconds more.
2. Pour into tumblers or widemouthed glasses.
Yields: 6 cups
Source: Luscious Chocolate Smoothies: An Irresistible Collection of Healthy Cocoa Delights by Gabriel Constans