About The Smart Program
Stress is an inflammatory brain-body response that causes or exacerbates symptoms and illnesses. The overall purpose of the SMART program is to provide knowledge and guidance towards developing the attitudes and behaviors that counter stress, reduce symptoms and enhance your resiliency and well-being.
Program Developed By:
Benson-Henry Institute in collaboration with Harvard Medical School
Dr. Herbert Benson is the Director Emeritus of the Massachusetts General Hospital Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine and Mind Body Medicine Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Benson is also author of The Relaxation Revolution.
8 Consecutive Thursdays | Aug. 29 – Oct. 24 | 5-7 pm
- Doctor Led Program: Dr. Henri Balaguera, MD
INSTITUTE OF FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE TRAINED
BENSON-HENRY INSTITUTE CERTIFIED SMART TRAINER
- Begin with a 1-hour goal setting and skill-building session with your program provider
- Attend eight consecutive, 2-hour, weekly sessions (class size up to 14 participants)
- Halfway through the program, attend a 30-minute individual medical visit with your program provider
- Within one month of the program end, attend a 30-minute discharge visit to help you retain the skills you learned
WEEKLY SESSION CONTENT
First class: Reviews the science of stress and the relaxation response. You will learn about the many behaviors, attitudes and thoughts that lead to the stress response as well as those that help elicit the relaxation response.
All remaining classes: The first hour will focus on learning and experiencing a meditation method. The second hour will focus on building skill in a variety of cognitive strategies that help create adaptive responses to stress. Each class will also provide motivational and behavioral strategies that support successful behavior change.
Anyone with the following would benefit:
- Anxiety-related symptoms
- Headaches or migraines
- Autoimmune disorders
- Mild to moderate depression
- Chronic pain or
- Insomnia or fatigue
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Skin problems
- Asthma or allergies
COST 8-WEEK PROGRAM
$550 per person
Self-pay fee due at your one hour goal setting visit or pre-register here online. Under special circumstances some individuals may be able to submitted to their insurance plans (treated as an out-of-network provider). Check with your insurance to determine coverage.
- Full refunds less a $125 cancellation fee will be made with at least 3 business days’ notice prior to the program start date.
- Full refunds less a $225 cancellation fee will be made with less than 3 business days’ notice through attendance at the first session. No further refund is available after this point.
- No refunds/returns will be made for materials received/purchased.